PROLANCER is a marketplace for professionals. To provide our users with a more professional environment and experience, we have defined some key rules and and terms, and we expect that both the Hirers and the Freelancers will adhere to, and follow these rules when working together.
These rules are part of our Terms of Service Agreement.
If you notice that a Hirer or a Freelancer that you are currently working with is not following these rules, please contact us to let us know.
Here are the Rules of Engagement for Job delivery:
- Provide clear job description and requirements upfront: The Hirer must provide a clear job description with defined scope. On acceptance of a proposal, the Hirer must provide all required information in the project's workstream so that the Freelancer can deliver the job.
- Responsive Communications: The Freelancer must regularly update the Project's workstream Workflow with the status of the agreed milestones and tasks. The freelancer must respond within one (1) working day to all messages from the Hirer in the Project's workstream Messages. Equally the Hirer must respond quickly to questions from the Freelancer, as well as to keep track of the milestones and tasks on the Project's workstream Workflow.
- Deliver on time: Freelancer must deliver work within the agreed delivery times or schedules. Freelancers’ rankings will be penalised for late delivery.
- Avoid conflicts and disputes: Both Hirers and Freelancers must try to avoid conflicts and any possible disputes. Freelancers must provide, and be given the opportunity by the Hirer to provide, at least two further iterations on the work delivered, if the Hirer is not initially satisfied. If a project is escalated to our dispute resolution team, the defendant party's ranking will be effected. See our Dispute Resolution Policy.
- Escrow Account: PROLANCER uses an Escrow account for payment protection. The Hirer must deposit at least 50% of the total agreed project milestone in the Escrow account so that the Freelancer can get started. A Freelancer must not start working on the project before the Hirer has accepted their proposal and deposited at-least 50% of the total agreed project milestone in the Escrow Account.
Once the Freelance has completed 50% of the agreed project milestone, the Freelancer must ask the Hirer to deposit the remaining 50% into the escrow account. The Freelancer must not deliver the complete project before 100% of the total agreed project amount is deposited in the Escrow Account.
Once the agreed milestone has been completed and the Hirer is satisfied with the work, then the Freelancer can raise an invoice. Freelancer must not raise an invoice upfront, before work has been completed. Hirer must check and review the delivered work by the Freelancer. Once the Hirer is satisfied with the delivered work, the the Hirer will accept and release the funds for the raised invoice. Hirer must accept the invoice within fourteen (14) days.
- Always Pay via Prolancer: All users must use PROLANCER for making payments. Attempts for making payments outside of PROLANCER platform will lead to immediate account suspension. Users must immediately report to us any offers for payment outside of PROLANCER made by their Hirer or a Freelancer.