The owners and contributors to the Site will be referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our” in this Policy. By using the Site or its Services, and/or by clicking anywhere on this Site to agree to the Terms and this Policy, you are deemed to be a “user” for purposes of this Policy. You and every other user (“you” or “User” as applicable) are subject to this Policy. You and each user also agree to the Terms by using the Services. In these Terms, the word “Site” includes the site referenced above, its owner(s), contributors, suppliers, licensors, and other related parties.
We provide this privacy statement explaining our online information practices, so that you can decide whether and how to interact with the Site and the Services.
We may release your information when we deem it appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Please also review our Terms of Service section that governs the use and the users of the Site.
CONTACT DATA AND OTHER IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
This site collects certain user information, which may include a username and password, contact information, or any other data that you type into the site. It may also identify your IP address to help identify you on future visits to the site. At our discretion, the Site may use this data to:
- Ensure that users have access to our services
- Personalise the user experience and/or customer service
- Process financial transactions
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature or function
- Send email and account notifications to users
- Keep users up to date with the latest improvements in our products and services
- Invite non-users to join our services
- Ensure that our website is accessible via all devices and from all locations
- Ensure that users can provide feedback to us and that we can respond accordingly
- Conduct data research and analysis for the purposes of continuously improving our products and services for keeping customers happy
- Ensure user safety and security
- Minimise and eliminate the risk of fraud, theft and other cyber crimes
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligation in the UK, EU and Worldwide
- Use for other purposes with your consent, unless otherwise expressed by you in writing
GATHERING OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Certain visitors of our websites choose to interact with our website in ways that require us to gather personally-identifiable information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at our website to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with us are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the user’s interaction with us. We do not disclose personally-identifiable information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifiable information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We may collect and process the following personally-identifiable information from you:
- Contact details - email address, telephone number
- Identity details - full name, date of birth, proof of identity (i.e. government-issued photo IDs such as copy of passport, drivers licence, etc.), proof of address (including copy of utility bills, drivers license), and user photograph
- Location details - user home or business address, billing address
- User profile details - username, profile picture
- User profile preferences - user email subscription preferences, user privacy settings, and user payment settings, etc.
- Financial information - credit/debit card details, payment processor details (e.g. PayPal), wire transfer details, tax identification number
- Metadata - user Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and connection information, time zones, referring webpages, web log information, etc.
- Device location - GPS position of user device
- Website Interactions - search keywords, webpages viewed, time spent, services used, etc.
- User generated contents - project and job descriptions, any attachments, user profile details, user proposal details, user dispute details, user reviews, user messages, user call and conference scheduling details, etc.
- Questions, queries and feedback details - the email address used to contact us, the content of messages
- Copies of your government-issued photo-identification documents, for the purposes payment processing ID verification
PROTECTION OF CERTAIN PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of our employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that:
(i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available at our websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using our websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to our employees, contractors and affiliated organisations, as described above, we disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of our website and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an e-mail to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We honour the ‘Do Not Track (DNT)’ signals and Do Not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
MOBILE DEVICE PRIVACY
The following applies to our site, when viewed on a mobile device: When accessed with a mobile device, our site may collect information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, device identifiers, and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content. If location services are activated on your mobile device, our site may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account with us, or with your personally identifiable information.
USERNAMES, PASSWORDS, AND PROFILES
If prompted, Users must provide a valid email address to the Site, at which the User can receive messages. User must also update the Site if that email address changes. The Site reserves the right to terminate any User account if a valid email is requested but is not provided by the User. If the Site prompts or allows a User to create a username or profile, Users agree not to pick a username or provide any profile information that would impersonate someone or that is likely to cause confusion with any other person or entity. The Site reserves the right to terminate a User account or change a username or profile data at any time. Similarly, if the Site prompts or allows a User to create an avatar or upload a picture, User agrees not to use any image that impersonates some other person or entity, or that is otherwise likely to cause confusion. You are responsible for protecting your username and password for the Site, and you agree not to disclose it to any third party. We recommend that you use a password that is more than eight characters long. You are responsible for all activity on your account, whether or not you authorised it. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your interactions on the Site, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection, virtual private network, or other appropriate measures.
OTHER REGULATORY OBLIGATIONS
By using our services, users agree that, under the directive of Data Protection Act 2018, PROLANCER may be required to share user information with the appropriate UK Regulatory body, for the purposes of:
- Law enforcement and the implementation of the Law Enforcement Directive;
- Processing of personal data by the intelligence services;
- Enforcement of the data protection legislation
The appropriate Regulatory body may choose to collect and use this information for reasons of public security and safety, and to mitigate the risks of serious crimes, fraud and terrorism.
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA BY THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Your personally identifiable information may be collected, transferred or processed by our third-party service providers and partners, which may reside outside of United Kingdom.
Our partners and third-party service providers are contractually obliged to use your data solely for the purposes of service provision to us and to our users; and under our directive and instructions.
Other third-party services that may have access to your data include:
- Web and Cloud hosting service providers
- Data storage and networking service providers
- Financial and payment service providers
- Marketing and analytics service providers
- Call and conference scheduling service providers
- Live chat service providers
- Website and payment security service providers
- Other third-party application providers
We use Google Analytics software to collect and analyse information about your interactions with prolancer.com.
Google Analytics collects and processes the following user information:
- How users got referred to prolancer.com (e.g. using a Search Engine or another website to find us)
- The pages users viewed on our website
- The length of time users spent on our website
- How users interact with our website
Please note, the information collected using Google Analytics does not include your personal information such as your name and contact details. Your personal information is only collected by Prolancer.com for the purposes of security, service delivery, payment processing. and better user experience.
We only use Google Analytics to ensure that we are providing the best service to our users and make improvements in our services, as necessary.
Users can use their LinkedIn account details to signup and login to our website. User LinkedIn login details will be saved by prolancer.com to ensure that they are recognised and can access our services the next time they log in.
Please note that if you request that your LinkedIn details are not saved by us, your details will not be recognised by prolacer.com and you cannot use our services, and instead may have to open a separate account using your email address.
We use Mailchimp (and its accompanying transactional email service, Mandrill) to keep users updated about our products and services.
We may also use Mailchimp to send invites to non-users to join our services.
Mailchimp may collect information on user device information and product usage data directly from users, as well as other user details they gather from third-party sources such as social media website; in order to enhance their services and to provide support and advice to PROLANCER.
Users can stop Mailchimp from collecting their data and/or sharing their data with PROLANCER by contacting our Privacy Team, or by changing their Notification Settings on their profile. Non-users can request to unsubscribe from marketing emails or stop us from using their details or to contacting them by contacting our Privacy Team.
Financial Service Providers
To be able to make and receive payments using Prolancer.com, users must provide their financial details. The financial details that we request include:
- Credit/Debit Card details
- Payment Processor details
- Wire Transfer details
- Tax Identification Number
Please note that, we have partnered with Stripe and Worldpay to allow our user to make and receive financial transactions. As per requirements by our third-party financial payments gateway partners, we must share your financial information with Stripe and Worldpay to allow them to process your payments.
Other information that we may have to share with Stripe and Worldpay include:
- User contact details
- User identification details, including date of birth, and a copy of their government-issued Identification documents for proof of ID
- Location details: user home or business address and user billing address
- User Internet Protocol (IP) address on the date they opened an account on Prolancer.com
By using our services, you agree that your financial and other information will be used by PROLANCER and shared with our payment processing services and payment gateway partners.
We use HackerRank to provide assessment services to our users. All users who are required to undertake and assessment test will be redirected to HackerRank’s website. HackerRank will collect user email address and username in order to share user test results with PROLANCER.
User must ensure that they provide HackerRank with the same email address that they use to Login to Prolancer.com.
Users are not obliged to complete an assessment test and/or to share their details with HackerRank. However, failure to undertake a test may result in users being rejected for a specific project or job.
ACCESSING, AMENDING AND DOWNLOADING YOUR DATA
You can access, amend or download your personal information that we hold about you. Unless required by law, we are required to allow you access to your information. You can view what information we hold about you and download and keep this information if you wish. To download your personal information using a portable data format, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will allow you access to your personal information within a reasonable time period and at no extra charges to you.
To amend any information that we hold about you, or for other related queries, please contact our Privacy Officer.
You have the right to request that we do not collect or use certain information about you.
Your rights include:
- Opting out of email marketing and profiling services
- Opting out of data collection for certain services
- Deletion of your personal information that we hold about you
To opt out of certain services, please contact our Privacy Officer.
You may be restricted in opting out of certain services. Please discuss your requirements with the Privacy Officer and seek their guidance.
Notwithstanding anything that may be contrary within the ‘Disputes’ provisions above, all matters, and all claims within a multi-claim matter, that are arbitrable, including all claims for monetary damages, shall be decided by a single arbitrator to be selected by us, under the rules that apply.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s’ Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
The Data Protection Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United Kingdom and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Data Protection Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
HOW LONG WE STORE USER DATA
We collect and hold user data for a period of 48 months (2 years), unless otherwise expressly requested by users, in writing.
CHANGES TO THE SITE AND THE SERVICES
Please contact us by Email to:
Or by post to:
Home Park Road
WD4 8UD, United Kingdom
We strive to provide the best services to our customers and keep our users satisfied. However, if you feel that your queries or complaints to the Privacy Officer are not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact our Customer Support Team, instead.
Alternatively, you could contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), for any complaints regarding PROLANCER’s data privacy practices.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
By post to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane
SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
If you would like to make a data privacy complaint about PROLANCER and are a resident in the European Union (EU), please register a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority (DPA). Please click here to view a list of DPAs in your country.
These terms were last updated on 08/09/2019 at 11:20am.